As the technology has made fast advancements human beings have become less patient as we expect website to load quickly, want information quickly irrespective of device we are using. As per the data approx.47% of want website to load in 2 second or even less and more than 40 % of people will leave the webpage if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. That clearly states the importance of loading speed of website as it can increase the bounce rate and ranking on search engines.
A website with slow speed can be detrimental for company as user can leave website to switch over to some other one. Google includes website speed while ranking so slow speed can cause low rankings and poor visibility. Studies shows fastest website load in .18 second, an average one loads in 3.39 second and slowest in 10second. Smallest home page 0.16 MB, whereas an average is 2.27 MB and largest one is 6.12 MB.It is to be understood that speed of website can make or mar the impression. A fastest loading website means better user experience, low bounce rates, frequent visit to webpages, more conversion,satisfied customers and better ranks on serp.Slow speed of website can spoil the company reputation, money and can negatively impact the marketing as well as sales work.
Importance of website fast speed–Loading speed of website is crucial to increase conversions, enhance visibility on search engines and satisfied users.
How can one increase the speed of website?
Let us go through some tips to increase the speed of your website –
1. Using content delivery network – CDN is networks of servers that are distributed on various locations that provide content to the user.Hosting website on single server means too many user requests that slow down the speed of webpages. But in CDN there are many servers a user request is sent to nearest server so content is passed quickly and website loading time is less. Though this method is quite expensive but it is effective.
2. It is always better to use dedicated servers instead of virtual and shared hosting though it is costly but it is trustworthy.in this company can own a server pay rent for it and hire an expert system administrator to maintain it.
3. Optimize the size of image files no doubt images looks attractive and more engagement power but it can negatively slow down the speed of website. Best way is always to compress the image size using various tools or use html responsive images.
4. Including more plugin on website means many resources are needed to run them efficiently. It is always recommended to check all plugins and delete all unnecessary ones. Install only those plugins that are required and update them regularly to keep website loading time under check.
6. In case there are number of users who are accessing the webpage speed slows down at this time one can use website catching.
7. Use gzip compression to reduce the size of files so that website loads in less time.
8. One can reduce the use of too web fonts as these can reduce the loading speed of website.
9. Detection and removal of error 404 means page not found is must and there are many tools available these days to remove such errors.