What is SEO:
SEO means search engine optimization. When we search for anything in the search engine, search engines show us 10 results on each page. Naturally, we visit those sites who are ranking in the top five on the 1st page of the search engine.
Getting the ranking of keywords on the 1st page of search engines called SEO.
Now, you can get the ranking on the 1st page in two ways. One is paid and another is organic.
Paid SEO is very easy. Just pay the advertisement amount to the search engine which you like, they will show your keywords on the top for certain days when ads are running.
But paid SEO doesn’t get as much traffic as organic SEO.
Organic SEO is also search engine optimization but in organic way. This will give our keywords long time ranking, more traffic and more traffic obviously gives you more revenue.
Let’s talk about why SEO is important for your online success or why you need SEO for your website.
- Branding your website.
- Getting more traffic.
- SEO will make your website more reliable to visitors.
- Increase your click ratio.
- Better user experience
- Impacts on sales
- Always being updated
- Understand the online environment
- Cost-effective marketing strategy
- Open the new opportunity
For example, if you specialize in renting bikes in Paris, you want to be ranked as higher as possible when someone uses a search engine to look for a bike to rent in Paris. Have in mind that organic results are displayed below the paid results in the SERP.
Search engine optimization is a comprehensive process that requires a lot of work which will pay off in the increased visibility of your website in the search engine result pages.
This process is also considered to be long-term, since the benefits of the website optimization are long lasting as opposed to paid reach.
White hat Vs. Black hat
- When it comes to SEO, it is important to differentiate between the so-called white hat and the black hat SEO.
- White hat SEO uses the best practices and recommendations for conducting an optimization of a website.
- It includes actions recommended by the search engines as things out of which your website can benefit and that is why you should apply those practices.
- Webmaster guidelines represent the best practices that help search engines to find, index and rank a website.
PPC : PPC, on the other hand, uses paid reach to help you reach online customers.
- Although paid search marketing is most often referred to as PPC (pay per click), it actually includes other types of paid marketing,
- Such as CPC (cost per click) and CPM (cost per thousand impressions).
- Paid search engine marketing requires paying for ads that will be displayed in the search engines.
- In this case, there is no need to look for the ways to improve the position of your website organically, but instead, all you have to do is to set up a campaign through an advertising program.
- This way, your website will be displayed as the paid result every time a user searches for a certain keyword that is related to the keywords you have provided when creating a campaign.